Within the CICN, we realize exploratory clinical studies to evaluate the effects of behavior, food compounds and/or every type of feeding on health, biological parameters or on the perception and receptivity of the subjects.
For this purpose, we take care of every steps involved in clinical studies, depending on your needs, following the EFSA’s guidelines, the good clinical practices and the regulations in force (belgian law from the 7 May 2004 related to human experimentations and the european directive 536/2014) :
- Redaction and submission of the protocole, informed consent form and all files requisite by the Ethical Committee and by the Competent Authority if needed, follow up;
- Recruitment, subjects follow up, harvesting samples ;
- Coordination between partners ;
- Data management (using a program that respects HIPPA standards), statistical analysis et results interpretation
Our assets are numerous :
- A flexible and personalized service depending on your needs
- A pluridisciplinary team of scientific experts from the University
- An ideal situation, at Louvain-La-Neuve, enabling to approach all the age categories of the population.
- Adapted infrastructure for clinical studies in the Nutrition with forefront equipments
The collaboration between University partners with various expertise in the field of Nutrition enable to propose a large analyzes panel. Please find below some examples of parameters that could be analyzed at the CICN. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
body weight follow up, body weight composition (DXA, impedancemeter, biometric measurements, …)
HEPATIC FUNCTION AND STATE
Hepatic function and state
fibrosis and steatosis evaluation (Fibroscan®), measurement of hepatic enzymes, hepatic proteins, …
transit evaluation (Bristol stool scale, hydrogen breath-test), tolerance and symptoms questionnaires (VAS, IBS-SSS, …), measurement of intestinal permeability, assessment of gut microbiota composition (Illumina sequencing, qPCR, DGGE) and activity, …
ADIPOSE TISSUE METABOLISM
Adipose tissue metabolism
from adipose tissue biopsies we can study the lipolytic function, measure the adipocytes size, fibrosis, inflammatory markers, fatty acid pattern, …
HOMA, OGTT, …
measurement of circulating lipids, inflammatory markers and antioxydants, blood pressure, endothelial function (microtonometry, measurement of dilatation and constriction of isolated vessels from the luteal adipose tissue)
endurance evaluation (effort test), electrocardiogram, questionnaires (IPAQ, QAPPA, …), from muscular biopsies we can study the protein synthesis and degradation pathways.
metabolites analyses (Orbitrap LC-MS, UPC2, …)
ASSESSMENT OF GLOBAL HEALTH STATUS
Assessment of global health status
questionnaires (SF36, EQVOD, …)
BEHAVIORAL AND BRAIN FUNCTIONS
Behavioral and brain functions
claims understanding, implicit measures (eyetracking, …), behavior study in real situation, gastrointestinal peptides involved in the appetite regulation, cognitive functions,...
discrimination tests, consumer tests, taste detection treshold
24-hour dietary recall, food diary, food records, food frequency questionnaire,...