The Center of Investigation in Clinical Nutrition is located within the Faculty of Motor Sciences at Louvain-La-Neuve.
We have the needful infrastructure to realize all type of studies in the field of nutrition (biovailability study, food behavior study, sports performance study, health effects study, sensory analyzes) :
- A doctor’s office
- A sampling room to collect blood, saliva, biopsies (muscular and adipose tissue), urine and fecal samples.
- A kitchen to prepare foods and meals
- A living and a dining room with a video recording system allowing to study the behavior in real situation, in a controlled environment.
- Storage locals with adequate and controlled temperature and aeration.
- A computer local allowing psychometric tests and sensory analysis.
- We benefit also form the infrastructure present within the « Centre d’aide à la performance sportive », that is the effort laboratory (various ergometers, ECG, DEXA, …).
Some locals and equipment within the CICN are available for rent; please contact us for any reservation.