List of publications in 2017 :
- Recent advances on bioactivities of black rice. Dias ALS, Pachikian B, Larondelle Y, Quetin-Leclercq J. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2017 Nov;20(6):470-476
Some examples of clinical trials conducted at the CICN:
- Evaluation of the effect of iron supplementation, after repeated blood donations, in moderately trained athletes on blood parameters related to the iron status and on sport performance (financed by the Rode Kruis Vlaanderen)
Measured parameters : (1) sport performance - VO2max measurement and follow up of lactate and heart rate, (2) measure of the hemoglobin mass by the carbon monoxide re-breathing method, (3) blood sampling - complete blood count analyses, measurement of blood iron, ferritin, transferrin, erythropoietin, soluble transferrin receptor and hepcidin concentrations.
- Characterization of chitin-glucan fibers intestinal fermentation (Euopean project)
Measured parameters: (1) fecal gut microbiota composition, (2) measurement of breath exhaled volatiles products from gut microbiota fermentation (hydrogen, methan, hydrogen sulfide, nitrogen, short-chain fatty acids,...), (3) evaluation of intestinal tolerance using visual analogue scales to assess the main gastrointestinal symptoms described after fibers consumption, (4) measurement of fecal metabolites from microbiota (short-chain fatty acids, conjugated linoleic acids, bile acids,...), (5) evaluation of gut transit using the bristol stool scale, (6) evaluation of the health status using the SF36 questionnaire.
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03494491 et NCT03505177.
- Bioavailability studies for new curcumin-based formulations
- Bibliographic studies on Chlorella health effects or on beneficial effects of eggs white in the context of sport performance